How to get to OTP in Älvsjö
- From Arlanda airport you take the bus (Flygbussarna) to the city. This will
cost about SEK 89 (June 03) and take about 40 minutes. The bus stop
(Cityterminalen) is almost on top of the Central Railway Station.
are very lucky, there is a fair going on in Älvsjö when you are arriving, and
in that case there are busses going directly. Check this by selecting
"Stockholmsmässan" as your destination.)
You can also take the express train
(Arlanda Express). The train departs
every 15 minutes, takes 20 minutes and cost SEK 180. The train stops at the
Central Railway Station.
Going by taxi is not much more
convenient or faster, but much more expensive (about SEK 390). If you do go by
taxi, be sure to agree on the price before starting the trip! It is quite
likely that you otherwise will have to pay towards SEK 1000!
- You then walk down to the railway station, 5 minutes walk, and take the local train, see
below. Alternatively you could take a taxi to us but that would cost you
almost SEK 200.
Via local train (pendeltåg)
- Take the "pendeltåg" from the Central Station (the train station) south to
Älvsjö. This will take about 15 minutes and cost about SEK 30. (If you
intend to stay a few days, it is worthwhile to buy a strip, "rabattkuponger",
- When you exit the station go right (not left to the Stockholm
- Follow the foot-bridge, down the stairs, and then turn right crossing the
street. Walk another 15 meters towards the crossing with lights for
pedestrians, and cross also that street.
- You will now have a bank to your right. Continue on the foot path (no cars
here at all) about 150 meters towards a yellow building, Ericsson AB.
- Contact the reception in the yellow building.
The trains to Älvsjö are quite frequent, so you really don't need a time
table, but an on line time table can be found at Samtrafiken.
- Drive the E4 road south from the city and exit at Fruängen/Västertorp about 5
kilometers from the city.
- Turn first left towards Fruängen, continue over the bridge over E4.
- At the first roundabout/circulation place turn left.
- After 1.5 km at the first roundabout/circulation place on Älvsjövägen turn left.
- On your right you will see a parking lot. Park your car here at the guest parking lots.
- When you have left your car, find a street sign saying "Armborstvägen",
which is where we are located. We are in the yellow building at Armbortvägen 14.
- Contact the reception in the yellow building, submit the registation number of the car.
Instead of using the above instructions you may use Google Maps to find the
best way to us. Fill in "Armborstv 14, Älvsjö, Sweden" and click "Search Maps"
- There is no subway station nearby. We recommend taking the "pendeltåg"
instead. If you start traveling on the subway go to T-centralen and then walk over to the Central Station
Information for visitors to Stockholm
The city of Stockholm maintains a web page with information
about the city, the weather, and accomodation among other things.