Last revised May 9, 2000
The Erlang/OTP components can be divided into six categories:
- Basic Applications. These components provide basic Erlang/OTP functionality such as kernel, standard library and compiler. Here you also find SASL which contains tools for hot code replacement.
- Operation and Maintenance. Components for OAM of both the system developed by the user and of Erlang/OTP itself, including an SNMP agent.
- Interface and Communication. Support for standard protocols such as ASN.1, HTTP and FTP, a graphics system and low level interfaces to C and Java.
- Database Management. Mnesia, a heavy duty real-time distributed database, and related functionality.
- CORBA services and IDL. A Erlang implementation of CORBA, an IDL compiler, and a number of CORBA services such as OMG Event service and OMG Transaction service.
- Tools. A set of tools helpful for development and testing, such as a debugger and run-time tracing.